DUI Lawyer Toronto
Charges of drunk driving, “over 80”, impaired driving, refuse breathalyzer, or care and control, are among the most complicated areas of Canadian criminal law. What may seem like an impossible case to a layperson is a case full of legal issues to the trained eye of a professional DUI lawyer.
The criminal lawyers of Adler Bytensky Prutschi Shikhman have extensive experience defending persons charged with impaired driving offences. We make use of every defence available to ensure the very best possible outcome. In 2005, Mr. Prutschi became one of a very small group of lawyers to become qualified to perform screening and evidentiary testing on the Intoxilyzer 5000 – the very same model used to take breath samples by every police department in Canada for many years and the direct precursor to the model 8000 now coming into service. This specialized certification provides our clients with a powerful edge in court when cross-examining police breath technicians. When interviewing dui lawyers under consideration for your impaired driving related case, be sure to ask them if they are certified Intoxilyzer Breath Alcohol Technicians.
The technical specifications of the breath machine are only one element of a robust DUI defence. ABPS drunk driving lawyers make use of expert cross-examination and up-to-the-minute knowledge on the latest constitutional developments to challenge every aspect of the Crown’s case.
Adler Bytensky Prutschi Shikhman criminal law firm frequently employs the services of an expert toxicologist to assist us in attacking every aspect of the crown’s case.
Significant legislative changes have recently added an entirely new dimension to the way in which drunk driving driving cases must be defended. Experienced legal defence counsel must be aware of enhanced police powers, alternative sentencing options, and the limitations of expert toxicology evidence while being prepared to launch new and creative constitutional challenges where appropriate.
Brochures Related To Drunk Driving Law
- Ignition Interlock– A new tool to help prevent drinking and driving.
- Back on Track– Ontario’s remedial measures program for impaired drivers.
Articles On Drunk Driving From Our DUI Lawyers
- Drunk Driving Lawyer Ed Prutschi Discusses Regulations Around “Drugged Driving” – NewsTalk 1010
- Newstalk 1010’s Jerry Agar Debates Toronto Criminal Lawyer Ed Prutschi Regarding Impaired Driving Sentences – NewsTalk1010
- Motorists younger than 22 can’t have any alcohol in their systems– YorkRegion.com
- Ignition Interlock Regulations Come To Ontario– On Slaw.ca
- Tories revive random roadside breath test– National Post
- Tackling Impaired Driving … by Decriminalizing It.– On Slaw.ca
- Random Roadside Breath Testing Coming To Canada?– On Slaw.ca
- Ontario’s New Road Safety Act – Convictions Without Trials?– On Slaw.ca
- Ignition Interlock in Ontario– Slaw.ca
Impaired Driving Podcasts
- What to Do when Stopped for Impaired Driving– NewsTalk1010 with Edward Prutschi