If you need to launch an appeal of a criminal court decision or are responding to an appeal launched by the crown, call our experienced appeal lawyers to discuss your strategy.
If you have been found guilty of a criminal offence, Adler Bytensky Prutschi Shikhman can help you appeal that decision and get your conviction overturned. Our lawyers have experience with applications for bail pending appeal, summary conviction appeals to the Superior Court of Justice, indictable appeals to the Ontario Court of Appeal, and appeals to the Supreme Court of Canada. ABPS criminal lawyers are often sought out by other counsel who feel that their clients have been unjustly convicted at the trial level.
Whatever your appellate needs, Adler Bytensky Prutschi Shikhman can assist you in getting a second chance before the justice system. The law places strict time limits on the filing of most types of appeals (often 30 days or less) so you are urged to arrange an appointment with us as soon as possible after a conviction.
Articles on Appeals
- Trial Lawyers Need To Be Aware Of The Basis For Appeal
- Time Limits And First Steps In Proceeding With An Appeal
- What Happens To The Plaintiff While A Case Goes To Appeal
- Why Trial Lawyers May Refer Cases To Another Lawyer For The Appeal
- The Basis For An Appeal And How Appeals Differ From Typical Trials
- How Ed Prutschi Advises Clients About Deciding To Appeal
Our criminal defense lawyers make every effort to answer your questions promptly and personally – you will not be shuffled around through layers of staff. When our lawyers are in court, our office staff will respond to your concerns immediately and professionally. Adler Bytensky Prutschi Shikhman welcomes the opportunity to be your Toronto Criminal Lawyers. Don’t waste time, call now to consult with us.