Charges of impaired driving, over 80, refuse breathalyser, or care and control, are among the most complicated areas of Canadian criminal law. What may seem like an impossible case to a layperson is a case full of legal issues to the trained eye of a professional.
The lawyers of Adler Bytensky Prutschi Shikhman have extensive experience defending persons charged with impaired driving offences. We make use of every defence available to ensure the very best possible outcome. In 2005, Mr. Prutschi became one of a very small group of lawyers to become qualified to perform screening and evidentiary testing on the Intoxilyzer 5000 – the very same model used to take breath samples by every police department in Canada. This specialized certification provides our clients with a powerful edge in court when cross-examining police breath technicians. When interviewing lawyers under consideration for your impaired driving related case, be sure to ask them if they are certified Intoxilyzer Breath Alcohol Technicians.
Adler Bytensky Prutschi Shikhman frequently employ the services of an expert toxicologist to assist us in attacking every aspect of the crown’s case.
Significant legislative changes have recently added an entirely new dimension to the way in which impaired driving cases must be defended. Experienced defence counsel must be aware of enhanced police powers, alternative sentencing options, and the limitations of expert toxicology evidence while being prepared to launch new and creative constitutional challenges where appropriate.
Brochures Related To impaired Driving
- Ignition Interlock – A new tool to help prevent drinking and driving.
- Back on Track – Ontario’s remedial measures program for impaired drivers.
Articles On Impaired Driving
- Ignition Interlock in Ontario – Slaw.ca
- Motorists younger than 22 can’t have any alcohol in their systems – YorkRegion.com
- Ignition Interlock Regulations Come To Ontario – On Slaw.ca
- Tories revive random roadside breath test – National Post
- Tackling Impaired Driving … by Decriminalizing It. – On Slaw.ca
- Random Roadside Breath Testing Coming To Canada? – On Slaw.ca
- Ontario’s New Road Safety Act – Convictions Without Trials? – On Slaw.ca
- The importance of an experience lawyer for your impaired driving case.
- Mandatory minimum penalties for impaired driving.
- The types of charges you could face due to impaired driving.
- The consequence of refusing a breathalyser test.
Impaired Driving Podcasts
- Consequences of Refusing a Breath Sample (Impaired Driving) – with Edward Prutschi
- Impaired Driving and The Ignition Interlock Device in Ontario – with Edward Prutschi
- Various Impaired Driving Offences – with Edward Prutschi
- Experts That Can Help With Impaired Driving Charges – with Edward Prutschi
A criminal defense lawyer will make every effort to answer your questions promptly and personally – you will not be shuffled around through layers of staff. When our lawyers are in court, our office staff will respond to your concerns immediately and professionally. Adler Bytensky Prutschi Shikhman welcomes the opportunity to be your Toronto Criminal Lawyer. Don’t waste time, call now to consult with us.